Christmas Bird Counts in the local area:
- December 17, 2016 (Saturday) – Marquette –
The compiler is Melinda Stamp at email@example.com or 906-869-2489.
Meet at 8:00 a.m. in the parking lot at Mattson Lower Harbor Park in Marquette.No advanced registration is necessary. Feeder forms are available by pre-registering with Melinda. The count circle covers a 7.5-mile radius centered on Old City Hall at 4th & Washington St.
- December 18, 2016 (Sunday) – AuTrain (NOTE – Scott has a new email address)
The compiler is Scott Hickman at (new email) firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-892-8603.
Please use the email address for communication since count information is distributed by email. Please let Scott know at least 4 days in advance if you want to participate so that count circle coverage can be properly coordinated and communicated to all participants.
- December 20, 2016 (Tuesday) – Peshekee Grade
The compiler is Katie Koch (email@example.com).
Please contact Katie by email if you are interested in participating. She will need at least 8 people in order to conduct the count.
- December 21, 2016 (Wednesday) – Cedarville, Mackinac Co. (Les Cheneaux Area)
The compiler is Tina Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (days) 906-225-0399 ext.4012, (evenings) 906-225-0139.
Meet at 8:00 a.m. at Ang-Gio’s Restaurant in Cederville.
- TBD – Gwinn –The compiler is Brian Johnson at email@example.com or 231-557-4011. Contact Brian for meeting place and time.
ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME: Beginning birders will be paired with more experienced observers. This is a great way to learn more about the birds in your area. DRESS WARMLY!